• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gpr

the best engine?

This topic is 5735 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
DoOmXor ]I[ r0x0rs! >_<<

Seriously though, it''s a total matter of preference. Granted, some are more full-featured than others (e.g., in this respect Quake III > Auran Jet > Nebula Device ~= Genesis3D), but it all depends on how much you have to spend and to a lesser extent who you''re developing for and what style of game you''re making.

Quake III is at the moment the priciest engine on the market, ignoring the new Unreal engine, of which I know little.

Peace,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

gah...

How do you mean "in every aspect"....
I don't have any experience with game engines but I'd say they all have their pros and cons.

[edited by - Kurioes on December 1, 2002 1:58:39 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
The "best" engine is the one that gets the job done.

I agree.

The best engine is the engine that''s best equipped to do what you want it to do.

So the question is: "What do you need it for?"

Kurioes: So the question is: "What do you need it for?"

I just want to know your opinions...

I changed my question:
which is the best graphic engine?

just to know...

The Exocent engine is by far superior to all the little engines that you all hold so dear muhahaha! I mean in your engine does displaying a picture drop the FPS by 200? I didn''t think so!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Again, what do you need it for? What are you trying to do? More information man.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!