• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slickmantincan

DirectX 7 question

This topic is 5797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I ran into a problem when making a tiled map. I want the map to be bigger than the screen. Say the map is 1024X768 and the screen is 640X480. So here is what I do. I make a offscreen surface that is 1024X768. Blit the tiles to it to make the map. Then blit that to the buffer that is 640X480, then the buffer to the screen. Like this: -------------- | |--------| | | | | | | | | | | |--------| | | | |-------------| can someone explain how to do this? I run into problems when trying to blit the world to the buffer. If the blit x and y are 0 it works. Otherwise all I see is the buffer background. Is there anything with clipping or something? The whole idea is to draw the map and just move the buffer around the map.

Advertisement
hi.. u can find some good tutorials about tiling in the articles session.

i recommend the titling in directX. This one is simple and win probably help you..

if u do have any more specific doubt.. i coud help u

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!