• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Stuff

This topic is 5623 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Come on everyone, post your most recent work here After spending 60 hours on my final 3d Animation project (a deathmatch between a chicken and an egg) I decided to take a break and make this.

Advertisement
Few comments about the above... I originally made it standard 3:4 size... but I rendered it to print out on a tabloid... so my composition got a little futzed. Originally, the top of the window was cropped off to seem like it was higher, and the sides of the image wouldn''t be there.

Sorry for my goof up That window IS just a tad bit low in this render hah hah.

Also, I noticed oen of the grapes blended in with the table. And, I wish I would have spent more time on the chair. Oh yeah, and the landscape is too green.

I was going for realism... all those is what hurts that.

I second the chicken movie!!

How can you tease us like that, and then give us this little dinner scene?

Ok, I''ll critique

quote:
Original post by Kandolo
Sorry for my goof up ...

Art never apologizes, or tries to explain itself. Let the audience figure it out and then defend your work if you feel we are way off base. That''s my one true criticism. I don’t like it when an artist bashes him or herself.

Ok, my critique will be a stab and a stroke, unlike my art teachers who were more like stroke, stab, stab, stab, stab, and stab some more.

Stab,
You’re objects could use some weight to them. They need more shadow under them, as they seem to be floating on the table. It is simple to remedy this in any image editor.

Stroke,
Very nice reflection map on the glasses. Your texturing is top notch!

I can’t really show what I’m recently working on, because quite frankly, you’d be bored to tears. However, I made this wallpaper a short time ago. I guess I can toss it up for critisim.

-Alfred Hitchcock

Little Raven''s Studio

Sculder -

I see what you mean about the weight of the objects...

I actually have a similar method of critiqueing, but its a 3 stage process. I generally go Something Good, Something Bad, Something that catches the eye (like finding a relationship between the piece to another artist or style, or intrigueing composition, etc). Anotherwords, padding around the bad comment I''ve been through WAAAY too many long assed critiques. It helps to have a method to the madness.

And as far as bashing myself, thats a habit I picked up in Telecom -- where if you make a mistake, you need to acknowledge that it is a mistake and you get a better grade! I remember when I made a 7.5 foot tall cardboard robot that transformed into a chair for a sculpture class (LINK. The class was totally in awe and amazed by it, but all I could do was point out everywhere the taping was crooked Still got an A+ on it though.

And as for the chicken movie... its not done!!

I hope to have all the footage rendered and edited by the end of the week. Then next week I''ll be working on doing some foley sound etc.

Cheers,
Tommy

quote:
Original post by Kandolo

And as for the chicken movie... its not done!!

Well stop goofing off and finish it!! hahaha.

We, as artist, are our own worst critics. Turner, my favorite artist, was known to sneak into galleries and touch-up his paintings. I hate the self bashing, because it''s something that every artist does (including me) and something every artist will always always do. I just have to live with it I suppose. hehehe

Worst critique story:
One of my painting teachers took a knife to my canvass and said, "There is no other way that it will look any better. Start over."

btw, you deserve that A++. That''s really cool.

-Alfred Hitchcock

Little Raven''s Studio

• Advertisement