Please test our platform jump and run game...

Started by
103 comments, last by coyotelb 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Could someone please try the test version of our game? It's called Bud Redhead - The Time Chase and it's a platform jump'n'run game. We have been working on it for quite a long and we hope that you will enjoy it. This version is NOT intended for redistribution! Its main purpose is testing on various computers and operating systems. Any comments either good or bad would be highly appreciated... Short info on your system would be nice too. You can download the game here (2.3MB): http://space-ewe.swmirror.com/BudRedheadTest.exe We are also looking for some (almost) volunteers to make localizations. We can't offer much - free registration for Glory Zone (our other game) and Bud Redhead (when it is finished) and mentioning in the credits section, of course. People with following _native_ languages are desired: Italian maybe some other, I don't know... Edited on 2003/07/27: English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish and Dutch are not needed any more thanks to some nice people... :-) If you are willing to do translations, please contact us at main@space-ewe.com. Besides menus and ingame hints there will be a story probably couple of pages long, so please don't apply if this seems to much work for you... Best regards, Bojan & Irena Urosevic Space Ewe Software main@space-ewe.com P.S.: Yes, we know that sounds are awfull - they are only placeholders for now. P.P.S.: Game has a demo mode too - wait for about 15 seconds at the main menu. ;-) [edited by - coyotelb on December 23, 2002 2:37:25 PM] [edited by - coyotelb on January 4, 2003 5:28:33 PM] [edited by - coyotelb on July 27, 2003 12:05:20 PM]
Advertisement
Cool game man, its really fun and the levels are quite large. Any chance at releasing a level editor?
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
Incredibly well done. Reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog.

I did have a problem controlling the jumps. Maybe you could make the jumps just a little slower?

Also, I had a problem stopping on the stone above the waterfall. Not sure if it's just my lack of coordination or if the animation of the character should better represent his foot speed to give me better cues for slowing down.

Very nicely done.

System:
CPU: XP 1800
Video: GeForce 3 Ti500
Memory: 512MB RAM

[edited by - Waverider on December 1, 2002 10:58:34 PM]
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Very nice.

System:
CPU: Intel Celeron 500Mhz
Video: Intel 810
Memory: 64MB RAM

Yeah, that''s not very pretty, but it ran well without any problems.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Very impressive. It ran fine on my old system - smooth frame rates.

CPU: Pentium 200 MHz
RAM: 32 MB
VIDEO: Voodoo3
wow, kudos to you and the team (looks like one other person from the credits)

Everything worked perfectly. Very professional.
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help with testing our game!

Here are some replies:

To elis-cool:

Hm, editor is done in Croatian language...
Also, even if it were in English, there are many restrictions what you may and what you may not do in it so it wouldn''t be of much use without good knowledge of the engine. (or a big tutorial which I really don''t have the time to write)
Sorry, maybe in the future, although I doubt it.

To Waverider:

I tried to force slower jumps but neither me nor my wife liked it that way. :-(
Anyway, after a little adaptation to the game you will find it to be quite easy.
Stones above the waterfall have smaller friction! So it''s not you... :-)
In the space ship levels there are whole frozen rooms with slippery surface...

To smart_idiot:

The game is made on 433 celeron with TNT. ;-)

To LoneCoyote:

Yes, I know! As long as you have enough video memory it will work nicely with slower computers too...
And even if you have small amount video ram you can still turn off paralax background planes.

Well, thank you all again!

Bojan

AMAZING!!!!!!!

0. IT IS VERY FUN.
1. SUPER LOVELY GOOD LOOKING ART.
2. RUNS SUPER SMOOTLY.
3. THE CONTROLS ARE GREAT.
4. THE LEVELS ARE BEAUTIFULL AND HUGE. LOTS OF WAYS TO FOLLOW.
5. IT HAS ALL THE GOOD THINGS I LOVED FROM THE OLD GAMES (IT REMINDS ME JACK RABBIT )
6. THE MENUS, THE OPTIONS, PASSWORD THING, TUNNELS. IT LOOKS SO PRO... FLAWLESS.

Ok, enough caps emotion...

My system:
Celleron 466
Riva TNT2 64MB
196MB RAM
WinMe (Spanish) - DirectX 8.1

I''m going to apply for translating to spanish, I would like to have the full version

Beautiful game, congratulations.

PS: And dude... you made it with your wife... what else can you ask from life?
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Ok, I don''t know if you already knew this but I''ll post it just in case:

I did the folowing:

1. While playing I pressed the ESC key to pause the game.
2. Then I pressed ALT-TAB.
3. The game window got minimized correctly.
4. I did ALT-TAB again to return to the game.
5. Pressed ESC key to continue playing.

Then the music started to repeat the same part (just a second of the music) over and over, and never ended. I continued playing normally, but the music never recovered.

This is the only "bug" I found. I''m having a great time playing your game
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
you must be very proud of this accomplishment. like the others have stated, it looks very professional! it just goes to show once again that you dont need 3d to create something addictive and fun! congrats =)

ran flawlessly on my:
p4 1.7
512ram
gf3

ps. delightful music score to boot

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement