Very Newbie Question

Started by
4 comments, last by Orlandu 21 years, 4 months ago
My question is quite simple. I did a Texture with ImageStyler (dont know if you know what is it) for a game background. I want to know how to put that image in my game. I know its stupid put i dont know It would be useful to have the script Count T.G. Cid (Orlandu) The Holy Swordman [edited by - Orlandu on December 1, 2002 6:41:40 PM]
Count T.G. Cid (Orlandu) The Holy Swordman
Advertisement
Hmmm, can you be more specific?

Is this a C/C++ written game, using OpenGL?

Yes Sorry, It''s a C++ written game in OpenGL... and im using Visual C++ 6.0

If you need more specification tell me

also, could you be more specific about how you want it in your game.. a large fullscreen backdrop? environment (you can look about), etc... and what format is the file...

| - Project-X - my mega project.. big things comming soon - | - adDeath - an ad blocker I made - | - email me - |
Well I think im not good to specify

I want my texture in a fullscreen background
And the Format is Bitmap

Again if you need more specification ill tell you because im not good to know what you need to know , you see

Sorry for my late response! I'd forgotten about this thread.

The problem here may be that you need to know more about what you are doing, because it's hard to help otherwise.

Do you want a skybox with texturing for a 3D background? Or, do you want a quad with texturing for a 2D background? Or, something else?

If you really want to learn how to texture, then try NeHe's tutorials at this link http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorials/lesson.asp?l=06. It's very easy to create your own texture and import it. Just make sure that it is the right size, e.g. 32x32, 128x128, 256x256, powers of 2 on each side.

Oh, yes, perhaps you are referring to the *format* of the image? Is the image a bmp, jpg, etc?

Hope this helps!

[edited by - John Alway on December 3, 2002 8:38:14 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement