• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Displaying MDI child forms inside an MDI form

This topic is 5564 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve got this MDI form in Visual Basic and a MDI child form. When I display the MDI child in the MDI form it always displays in a rectangular size not the normal form size, why???? That has got to be the most annoying thing ever, you''d expect a form to come up the size it was set to not a standard tiny rectangle that you have to manually resize everytime it pops up so you can see all the control on it >( I even tried resizing the form in the code (me.scaleheight...) but still it shows up as a small rectangular box and not the size it should be. It''s really really annoying something so simple shouldn''t be so complicated.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Themonkster
try setting the form to maximise when it loads..

Which the MDI child? I don''t want it maximised though I want it floating in the center so multiple documents can be viewed, like in Visual Basic or Visual C++.

scaleheight is not the height of the window, it is the scaled height used when drawing inside that window. you want to change form1.height and form1.width (and maybe .top and .left to move it) in the "form_load" sub...

• Advertisement