• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASCII iColored n C/C++ URGENT!

This topic is 5528 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ASCII iColored n C/C++ URGENT! How do you do that? I mean, how do you write ascii characters with color? cout, printf? Is there any function such as LocateText(x,y) or something? Is there any way to access a linear buffer of characters in the screen? (i mean in a polite way, non assembly, i mean standard ansi c, etc) Please help!!! ElPeque __________________ Alejandro Martínez

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by ElPeque
I mean standard ANSI C

Neither C nor C++ have any notion of color. Nor does ASCII for that matter. Nor do their have a notion of keyboard or screen. But your particular platform API might - Without any more details, I can only point you to your documentation.

However, if you have a compatible console, you can try using VT100 or ANSI escape sequences - google will let you find them.

As a side note - Urgency is subjective. You won''t be helped any faster by a flurry of capital letters and exclamation points.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

EDIT: nevermind, it was answered in your cross-post...

[edited by - krez on December 2, 2002 5:10:04 AM]

• Advertisement