ASCII iColored n C/C++ URGENT!

Started by
1 comment, last by ElPeque 21 years, 4 months ago
ASCII iColored n C/C++ URGENT! How do you do that? I mean, how do you write ascii characters with color? cout, printf? Is there any function such as LocateText(x,y) or something? Is there any way to access a linear buffer of characters in the screen? (i mean in a polite way, non assembly, i mean standard ansi c, etc) Please help!!! ElPeque __________________ Alejandro Martínez
__________________Alejandro Martínez
Advertisement
quote:Original post by ElPeque
I mean standard ANSI C

Neither C nor C++ have any notion of color. Nor does ASCII for that matter. Nor do their have a notion of keyboard or screen. But your particular platform API might - Without any more details, I can only point you to your documentation.

However, if you have a compatible console, you can try using VT100 or ANSI escape sequences - google will let you find them.

As a side note - Urgency is subjective. You won''t be helped any faster by a flurry of capital letters and exclamation points.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
EDIT: nevermind, it was answered in your cross-post...

[edited by - krez on December 2, 2002 5:10:04 AM]
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement