• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean

Need Help

This topic is 5774 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I Just took the script from Tutorial 1 to created a window that can be Fullscreen or Windowed for my game. Then I Did A Bitmap Image with Paint. There is my question... How can I Put That Image as a Background... With OpenGL. And If It can help i''m using Visual C++.

Advertisement
Read beyond tutorial 1, unless you havent already - you need to learn how to create textures from bitmaps. Then from there all you do is draw a textured quad with your bitmap so it will fit the entire screen with the depth buffer off. Then turn the buffer on and draw your game. That way, whatever you draw next will be superimposed over your bitmap.

"Free advice is seldom cheap."
-- Rule of Acquisition #59

Hey tahnks you alot for your help ill do it that way.

But one more think do you know a good tutorial where i could learn to do a texture

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!