Cutting Compile Times

Started by
24 comments, last by Kylotan 23 years, 11 months ago
Could the fault be unique to version 5.0 (and older)?
Advertisement
Ok Yanroy, I got this from my DOS help. Hopes this help.

RAMDRIVE.SYS--ExamplesTo create a RAM drive in extended memory and allocate 64K(the default amount) of extended memory to RAMDRIVE.SYS, add the following line to your CONFIG.SYS file:    device=c:\dos\ramdrive.sys /eThis command loads RAMDRIVE.SYS from the C:\DOS directory.Suppose you want to install RAMDRIVE.SYS in expanded memory and allocate 4MB (4096K) of expanded memory to the RAM drive. To do this and to specify that RAMDRIVE.SYS is located in the DOS directory on drive C, add the following line to your CONFIG.SYS file:    device=c:\dos\ramdrive.sys 4096 /aNow suppose you want to allocate 2048K of extended memory to RAMDRIVE.SYS and create a RAM drive that has 512-byte sectors and a limit of 1024 entries in its root directory. To do this and to specify that RAMDRIVE.SYS is located in the DEVICES directory on drive D, add the following line to your CONFIG.SYS file:    device=d:\devices\ramdrive.sys 2048 512 1024 /e 

Follow this formula:
1) device=himem.sys
2) device=emm386.sys noems
3) dos=high,umb
4) device=ramdrive.sys
5) .....

Edited by - DerekSaw on 4/28/00 9:03:35 PM
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
Thanks... I can''t try it right now because I am DLing a file, but I will as soon as that is done

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons;

Yanroy@usa.com

Visit the ROAD Programming Website for more programming help.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

mason: 128 or 256MB ram drive? I thought ram drives were limited to 4MB a piece (or was that just DOS 5.0?)
quote:Original post by SiCrane

You don''t need to re-implement the STL classes; just wrap them. ex:
Let''s say you''ve got
typedef list CowList;
replace that with
class CowList {  public:    typedef list::iterator iterator;    iterator begin(void);    // lots more function declarations  protected:    list impl_list;}  

And in a C file:
CowList::iterator CowList::begin(void) {  return impl_list.begin();}  

Well, that''s what I thought you meant, and is still a hell of a lot of work Too much for me I''m afraid.
Actually, it goes by really fast. Just throw in the basics, and everytime there''s a compile error for an undefined function, just throw it in. Because it''s just a wrap, it only takes about 3 lines of code in two files in order to add each undefined function.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement