Calculations with vectors

Started by
1 comment, last by Flare 21 years, 4 months ago
Hello! Some time ago I asked for help with a homing missile problem and one guy told me about this paper: http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/gdc99/ I found it very interesting and I felt that I understood most of it (at least in theory), and I realized that especially the Pursuit-Evasion-part was what I was looking for. The problem is that eventhough I understand the stuff about vectors in a graphical way (like drawing two vectors on paper and then adding them together to get the result) I''m clueless when it comes to the actual maths. Could someone please explain how to handle these kinds of things, preferrably with some example calculations? Thanks a million in advance, // Flare
Advertisement
Vectors
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Great! I realize now I should''ve checked this site for info before asking in the forum, but this is beginners'' section after all... Thanks a lot for helping me out!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement