• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The C modest god

Hooligan GDI is making me troubles...

This topic is 5736 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have created a directdraw fullscreen app, using a directinput mouse. I have set the screen into fullscreen exclusive mode, and the mouse into forground exclusive mode. Everything is working fine. However, when I change the resolution from within the app, something goes wrong. The app continues to function good, but the GDI mouse icon appears on a certain place of the screen. The directinput mouse functions well after the resolution increase and so does the rest of the app. The mouse icon just stays in that same place for as long as the app is running(fullscreen mode), even if things are drawing in the place where the GDI mouse icon is. It is as if the GDI icon is on an ovelay surface or something. Did anyone encountered such a problem? I would appreaciate any help on this matter. Waiting for replys. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  • Set you apps window to SW_TOPMOST with ShowWindow
  • In D3D theres a ShowCursor function for ther D3D device. I don''t know if theres something similar for DDraw (don''t think there is, but its worth a shot)

Thanks for the help.

I already had this flag in the window class.
    I have partially solved the problem by adding the maximize flag in the window''s class, therfore the window is maximzed also after increasing the resolution and covers any paint from other apps (I noticed that the icon appeared once as one of the VC icons).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!