• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misterme

OpenGL How do you do stuff with OpenGL

This topic is 6932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
I''ve found the best way is to program.

Guest Anonymous Poster
This may not be a simple question, but it sure is a stupid one.

i''m no expert, but to do stuff, you need things. you need to get these things from places, and sometimes from people. once you have these things, doing stuff will be easy.

Unlike other people, I will give you an actual answer to you question. This is, after all, a place for people to learn things, not get stupid answers.

First you need to know how to program in a language. I suggest C/C++. Then when you know the language you chose inside out (or pretty well ), you must download the SDK(software development kit). For the OpenGL one, go to opengl.org. After that look for tutorials. I suggest NeHe's one, as it is very good.

Also if you use C/C++ in the Windows enviroment, I suggest you use Visual C++ for your compiler and learn to use it effectively.

Hope this helps you out. If you're confused by what I said, go back to the main page and click on 'Start Here'.

Edited by - Blah! on 4/27/00 4:34:11 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!