char memory leak?

Started by
11 comments, last by TDragon 21 years, 4 months ago
quote:Original post by sark
C++? 21st Century? C++ is not a modern language... and it shows. I dont mean to start a flame war, but any language where you have to use forward declarations doesnt classify as a "21st century language" to me.
What I meant was that he shouldn''t concern himself with increase in file size and that C++ doesn''t have any disadvantages anymore, when compared to C (situation was different 10 years ago). Not that C++ was a new and hot language.

Advertisement
quote:Original post by civguy
push_back for strings? Sounds pretty tedious to me, when there''s operator+=

you can see i''m using vectors much more often than strings.
What I meant with those comments was that, since C++ compiles much more strictly (at least with my compiler), I''ll have to go back and change some of my more sloppy sections of code in that program. Since this is a makeshift program anyway, and is getting rather long already (I had hoped to be finished with it by now and to get on with the more important thing: the actual game engine), I don''t want to go back and do all that. Thus the extra typing.

Also, I''ll have to familiarize my self with the std::string library; thus far I''ve only used C-strings and been quite content.

Twilight Dragon
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement