• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ratman

help with winsock....

This topic is 6937 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone have, or know of a place with some simple winsock programs? I have the book Windows Socket Network Programming, and have read the tutorial on flipcode (which..I found incomplete and confusing). I think Im understanding it pretty good, I''d just like to see some real simple programs to setup a connection, then maybe send some data, and then go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated... ratman

Advertisement
www.sockaddr.com has the sample code to the book "Winsock 2" by Lewis Napper. The book is very good and worth getting, but the source code by itself should be pretty instructive.

If you look under programming resources here on gamedev and type neural net in the search box, then find the socket article (I know this sounds weird). It is about 4 from the bottom of the results page, and is called something like "roll your own intranet". It is a great tutorial (where I learned all of my current knowledge).

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons;

Yanroy@usa.com

Visit the ROAD Programming Website for more programming help.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!