Direct Draw Headers.

Started by
3 comments, last by Manuverse 21 years, 4 months ago
Exactly which headers are needed or most commanly used in a game that uses direct draw? Ive looked all over but cannot find the info i need.
Graphics and 3D mean nothing to a real game designer. Its how the game plays that matters and nothing else!
Advertisement
Try the directx samples.
Then on the MSVC++ goto ''Project->Settings...'' menu, click Link tab to see the libraries you should ALSO include in your project in order to make it work. With the headers only, is not enough.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Yeah i know about the include directories. I have the DX includes and libraries included in my compiler. My program wont work for some reason though and the only problem i can think of is that im missing a include. I just dont know which one.
Graphics and 3D mean nothing to a real game designer. Its how the game plays that matters and nothing else!
You need to supply the Library file list for your project. This is NOT the include DIRECTORIES.

In VC++, go to Project -> Settings -> Link.
Then in the "Object/Library Modules" textbox, add the Direct Draw Libraries (these are the file names). Also add any other Libraries for DirectX that you use in your project.

You can get the file names from one of the SDK Samples.

Heres what I use with DirectX 8.1b:
(Note: includes ALL the DX libraries
dplayx.lib dsound.lib d3d8.lib d3dx8.lib d3dxof.lib dxguid.lib dinput8.lib

Be sure to ADD them, don''t remove the ones already there.
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
Yeah i just figured that out *Whaps himself on the head* Thats not the same for the libraries that come with the compiler though, Right? I hate learning how to use a compiler. There are to many functions and to large of a helpfile. Well thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement