• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i have only two ideas on how to scroll my terrain..,

This topic is 5618 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, it''s lock/unlock the VB, or rendering the terrain twice, moving them using world transformation.., ehm any other ideas? thanks,

Advertisement
quote:
i''m making a 3d top down space shooter, so moving the camera is a no-no,

WHY?

You think in a box - and this is not good. Name me sensible reasons why moving the camera is not possible.

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

hey guys,

i''m sorry for the lack of details(probably am not good at explaining stuffs), anyway

thona:
if i move the camera instead, then i''ll have two SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW...) now in my code right? is this what you''re letting me think? first camera is for the terrain while the second camera is for the player and all other objects,

CGameProgrammer:
if i move only one terrain, then the terrain(or player/screen) would eventually reach the end of the terrain, then i''d would suddenly ''jump'' the terrain back to it''s original position and start scrolling it again?

but if it''s two terrains, then i''d render the second on ''top'' of the other then i''d scroll them at the same time, this way, if the first terrain reaches it''s limit then i can ''jump'' it on the second''s terrain start position and start scrolling again from there, and same goes with the second terrain over and over again,

• Advertisement