• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mBlack

A challenge...

This topic is 5848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve got a challenge for everyone out there. I''ve just finished working on a great 3d game editor. It''s plugin based structure allows everyone to lend a helping hand. This is my challenge : hlep me make it the greatest game editor out there. The editor executable and all the resources I have are free for anyone who wants them. All you have to do is ask. I''m waiting...

Advertisement
and why should anyone help you instead of working on their own editor?

you may get slightly further by providing full source code along with binaries, but even then the question above still stands.

That is indeed a good question. In that case, why should I use any software at all when I could make it my self (after a lifetime of work, maybe ?). Giving the source is an interesting idea (who knows, maybe in special situations I will), but I believe that the editor ,the way it is designed,is suited for every needs that a game map designer might have, and with a big library of plugins and the possibility to write their own plugins, they won''t have to spend time and money to design their own editor. Also, the plguins can be written in any of the following programming languages : Delphi, Visual C++ and Visual Basic (compatible SDK tested). And it is free...

Hopefully this answers your question.

And they''re not helping ME. Everyone can use what they created and, since i''m not asking for any money for it, there is absolutely no profit for ME. Just the joy that what I started might be usefull to others.

That''s nice, don''t you think it would be a good idea to post it onto some website so we can try it out, rather than emailing you directly? (unless I missed something)

In a few days I will launch a website dedicated to the project, but first I wanted to know who would be willing to help me out.

The site is almost ready, and I hope that tonight I''ll be able to publish it !
If so, you will be the first to know ! And maybe my first visitors also...

No joke, man !
I just forgot that I had another nick from a few months ago !
If you wanna take a look just visit http://www.darkArtStudios.go.ro and download from there the editor and the delphi sdk .

I checked out your website, tried to download, and I ended up at some link with "adresa nu exista" written in it. I''m guessing it''s a broken link or something.

=================================================================
I''m a smart retard.
=================================================================

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!