• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LastResort

Fade In/Fade out

This topic is 5734 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all! I want to implement a fade in/fade out on OpenGL based app im working, but I dont have a clue how to do it.. For instance, with fade out,in 13h, I would just access the video memory and decrese the color of every pixel until I get them expected resault (correct me if im wrong. it as been a long time since I worked with 13h in the old DOS) I also wanted to make a scene look gray scaled.. with this one I also dont have no ideia how to. Thnx in advance for the time, cheers [edited by - lastresort on December 3, 2002 7:45:15 AM]

Advertisement
I''m not one to scream RTFM off the hip but I''m inclined to here...

Anyway, Check out the OGL programming guide at http://ask.ii.uib.no/ebt-bin/nph-dweb/dynaweb/SGI_Developer/OpenGL_PG/ and look under Chapter 14 for ''an easy fade effect''. That should cover you there, or at least give you an idea on what to do. It''s not quite the same but Per Pixel operations can be done using the buffers.

As for grayscale, again, look into using the buffers to applying a filter.

ttfn.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!