• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sovok

Directplay Source

This topic is 5675 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

where can i get the sourcecode of a small working directplay/directdraw fullscreen game? the m$ samples don''t help me much as well as the directplay tutorial here at gamedev.net greets sov

Advertisement
I think you might mean Direct3D. DirectPlay is the multiplayer functions. Direct3D or DirectX Graphics is the graphics core.

Doesn''t matter much.

There are sample applications for both D3D and DPlay in the DirectX SDK. They''re located in the samples directory of the SDK for VB and VC++, and include source code.

If you need the SDK you can get it here (around 100mb download):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/770/msdncompositedoc.xml

no sorry...
ok i add some info...
i already finished 3 directdraw games... dont want to get into direct3d yet... however the only directx feature i got problems with is directplay
so i need some source code (not the microsoft samples... i hate them)
it would be perfect if i could get the source of a working directdraw game with directplay... cause i familiar with the ddraw structure so i think i could find out on my own how its working

so if anyone already coded a fullscreen ddraw game including directplay features please answer

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Sovok
where can i get the sourcecode of a small working directplay/directdraw fullscreen game?

the m$ samples don''t help me much as well as the directplay tutorial here at gamedev.net

greets sov

Although I''m a big advocate of all things DirectX. I have to say that Direct Play is not very good. Your time would be better spent playing with the winsock 2 API. This is what almost all multiplayer games use. Direct play is still not very good which is why most companies do not use it.

I gotta go with Buster on this. Direct Play 8 provides a comprehensive solution for many kinds of multiplayer games.

Not to mention -- it does everything for you .

hmmm... hope u dont mind if i mention that i`m still looking for some sourcecode.... pleeeease

and i agree to sirob....

what exactly is wrong with sdk samples? sure, they may seem complicated, but just go through them slowly and try a divide-and-conquer approach.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!