• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whitehair

Multitexturing + Rendering

This topic is 5851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi ppl, I am working on a code that takes in 80 to 100 .raw images which each represent a captured image of a "sliced" portion of the whole object. Any recommandation on any links/material i can read up for this task. I did a simple program, which load each file and display it onto the window. But ever later image will cover the image before it on the same window. How do i segmentate each image and display each of them as a tranparent image with a finite fixed width? here how i am taught how to load one raw file... GLuint LoadTextureRAW( const char * filename, int wrap ) { GLuint texture; int width, height; BYTE * data; FILE * file; // open texture data file = fopen( filename, "rb" ); if ( file == NULL ) return 0; // allocate buffer width = 256; height = 256; data = malloc( width * height * 3 ); // read texture data fread( data, width * height * 3, 1, file ); fclose( file ); // allocate a texture name glGenTextures( 1, &texture ); // select our current texture glBindTexture( GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture ); // select modulate to mix texture with color for shading glTexEnvf( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE ); // when texture area is small, bilinear filter the closest mipmap glTexParameterf( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST ); // when texture area is large, bilinear filter the first mipmap glTexParameterf( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR ); // if wrap is true, the texture wraps over at the edges (repeat) // ... false, the texture ends at the edges (clamp) glTexParameterf( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, wrap ? GL_REPEAT : GL_CLAMP ); glTexParameterf( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, wrap ? GL_REPEAT : GL_CLAMP ); // build our texture mipmaps gluBuild2DMipmaps( GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, width, height, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data ); // free buffer free( data ); return texture; }

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!