• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resize DirectX Window..

This topic is 5530 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there ! Does anybody know some tutorials/articles/websites or can post some code, which can resize a D3D 8 Window ?? I tried to use the Resize Code from d3dapp.cpp from the DX Samples. It works fine when i just switch from Fullscreen to Windowed Mode. But when i resize the Window (for example with the mouse, or out of the code), the Framerate drops until it reaches 1 or even less and then the application halts. The even happen with some of the allready compiled DX Samples when i resize the window. And it happens each time i compile a DX Sample on my own and then try to resize the window.. (Very funny that the offizial samples do not work correctly..?) Is this a know bug ? And how can I resize a Window without the Applications getting to halt.. Thanks for any answers! Kind regards hansi pirman P.S. The forums at gd.net and the people here are great. all my question could be answered so far!

Advertisement
That''s very odd. The samples resize like a charm on my systems. I''ve also tried my hand at handling the resizing of a window, and can''t say it really generates any problems.

The fact that even the SDK samples have this problem leads me to believe that something may be wrong with your video drivers. What graphics hardware and drivers are you using?

Hi Bas Paap!

Thanks for your answer!

I have a Hercules Prophet 4000 (XT?)..
I''ve downladed the latest driver from hercules.com some days ago sience I had an other problem with DirectX...
Looks like my video adapter''s compatibility with DX 8.1 isn''t really good :/

• Advertisement