Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CVS Server for Windows XP Home

This topic is 5523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know where I can get one? I want to run a CVS server on my WinXP Home install so my team can work together on a project. The only thing I''ve found is CVSNT which does not work on WinXP Home unfortunately (the service won''t stay up.. it starts and then closes). Any suggestions?

I don''t see a reason why CVSNT wouldn''t work on XP Home. XP is NT after all. Have you followed the instructions to the letter?

I''m afraid CVSNT is the only server implementation for Windows. You might want to look into Subversion[1], which is a huge improvement over CVS in general. However, it''s still pretty rough around the edges(it''s currently in alpha) and setting it up isn''t as easy as it could be. I''m fairly sure it still requires you to compile Apache from source, but I could be wrong(I do that anyway).

[1]subversion.tigris.org

For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can''t readily accept the God formula, the big answers don''t remain stone- written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us -- Charles Bukowski

Guest Anonymous Poster
Did you define a respository prefix in the control panel applet? If not, the service will fail to start.

That makes sense.. It worked now .

But now.. how do I set it up so my team can access it over the net?