• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blt between two primary surface.

This topic is 5647 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have two display card. now I can create two primary surface for each display but can''t blt them from one to other. is that Blt can''t support primary surface to primary surface?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Hardware blitting is done by moving bytes inside the videocard, which is impossible with 2 separate cards.
Only thing you can do is blit from a surface in system memory, which is slow, obviously.

I tryed blt from device No.1 in system memory surface( that created by No.1 ), but I can''t blt that in device No.2, except directly memory copy.

The best way to do this is to simply store your sprites in standard arrays and just do your own blitting to DirectDraw.

- JQ
Full Speed Games. Are back.

Well, you''ll have to read out from video memory, do a memcopy to the other card then. Note that reads from video memory are extremely slow, and should be avoided if at all possible.

- JQ
Full Speed Games. Are back.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!