• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeraan

Beyaan

This topic is 5764 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I''m now beta testing my game, Beyaan. It''s almost done, and I would like your feedback on the game. The anonymous linking thing don''t work so I have to post the address here. www.angelfire.com/ut/zeraan/Beyaan.zip Please tell me what you think of it, if you like it, suggestions, comments, bugs, etc. It''s an asteroids clone with a twist, you can buy upgrades for your ship.

Advertisement
Lookin'' good! Graphics are much improved. I found two problems: some upgrades, like rapid fire, aren''t reset between games. Also, in the upgrade screen, the Shield and Engine labels need to be switched. Other than that, good job.

doh forgot to reset it. Thanks for that info! Hm shield and engine labels swapped? you mean if you go in Engine labeled you get to shields? I''ll look into this.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Whoa, I got an assertion.
File: fseek.c
Line: 146
str != NULL.
I don''t know if that helps but that was the output in the message box. It happened as soon as I ran the exe. There was only the exe in the zip file, where some files missing?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Doh, sorry. Didn''t realize I needed the original download too.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Very nicely done! Are you using DirectDraw? The only critique I would suggest is that it could be more challenging if the minerals would disappear after a time. Maybe they become unstable after being freed from the asteroid and you have to collect them quickly or miss out on the extra points, I don''t know. Very cool, this one definately goes in the keeper pile!

Ok, how about easy have infinite live for mineral, medium have a long life (maybe 20 seconds?) hard have 15 seconds, and impossible have 10 seconds?

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'll be adding explosion when you shoot the asteroids when the artist are able to draw it for me. If I try to draw it, it'll look bad.

Edit: Yes, I'm using DirectDraw 7.0

[edited by - Zeraan on December 3, 2002 12:26:25 AM]

The harder the game is, the faster asteroids move, and more points you gain from destroying them. And also, medium have 1 alien, hard have 2, impossible have 3.

Edit: Forgot again, I'm becoming absented minded today. The harder the game is, the less minerals are likely to spawn.

[edited by - Zeraan on December 3, 2002 12:30:00 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!