Borland or Visual????

Started by
20 comments, last by Roger 23 years, 11 months ago
Okay, I''m the first to admit that I use C.
Firstly, all you other C/C++ programmers out there that bash assembly programmers are obviously jealous that there are programmers out there that are smart enough and talented enough to write, EFFICIENTLY, a project using 90% assembly or higher.
Secondly, all you assembly programmers out there, don''t take your time out on boards to respond to a question saying "Which is better, Visual C or Borland" with "Assembly" because this person isn''t interested in knowing that, and doesn''t want to use assembly. PLus you are almost asking for an argument from a whole bunch of egotistical other programmers.
That''s my two cents.
Advertisement
C/Assembler!!!!!! Why bang a nail in with your fist when you can use a hammer? Developers writing games in assembler must have too much time on their hands. I don''t object to using assembler where absolutely necessary, but come on, 90% of a game!!!!!!

BTW I use Borland C++Builder 5, and although VC has better support, when writing a Windows app this is THE best development tool for Windows (before C++Builder it was Delphi). When writing a full screen game then you probably don''t get that much from the BCB class library, but the IDE is much better than Non-Visual VC++. Where BCB will come into it''s own it writing tools. Most of the map/world editors I have seen are written in VC and are crap (and probably took too long to develop).

It is obvious why people say they prefer one development tool to another. It''s because they KNOW IT. How many people that have responded to this post have giving the development tools in question a fair chance. I have spent the last several years using Borland Delphi and C++Builder. I have tried a number of times to use VC, but for writing Windows apps BCB/Delphi is MUCH faster.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement