• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corey Weinheimer

Direct3D 7.0 - Unwanted Scene Blur on Panning Scene

This topic is 6930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently working on a game which involves rendering a scene composed of several mesh objects. I am using the Microsoft 7.0 DirectX SDK (Visual C++) and basing my code on the "xfile" demo included with the SDK. I have modified the code to use Direct Input to allow the viewer to pan across the scene. I have also implemented the timeGetTime function to calculate the time between frames so I could implement smooth panning even when the frame rate changes. Everything works fine when the frame rate is 85 Hz (Refresh Rate of Video Mode), but when the scene gets complex and the frame rate drops to say 40 fps, the movement gets choppy and there appears to be some kind of ghosting. It looks like the last frame is still partially on the screen, although it is slightly transparent. Anyone have any idea what may be going on? Corey

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!