• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stranger

About the Math.

This topic is 5651 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
YES!!!

Maths are quite important for calculating normals and rotations... you can probably manage by copy-pasting quite some code and using it in general purpose classes (like I did), but I believe that at some point you need the maths to create pretty effects and derive functions for specific functions.
It mostly depends on what you want to do.

I''m not that experienced in making engines, but that is what I experience so far.

Unless you use a ready made 3D Engine that has all the math ready and functions in which case you only have to program the game without the use of math.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Stranger
Unless you use a ready made 3D Engine that has all the math ready and functions in which case you only have to program the game without the use of math.

Yes, but there''s always going to be some maths... Maths really isn''t bad though, I''ve never understood why people claim they ''can''t do it'' and ''hate it''. Programming isn''t point and click.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!