• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tyman

OWL abd MFC...

This topic is 6937 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How could i get ahold of these librarys and all w/o having to buy Borland Builder or VC??

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Well Borland has stopped developing OWL, so I don´t think you can get on any new compilers.
But why use dead OWL when MFC (by Microsoft) and VCL (by Borland) is devoloped?

If you want to use MFC, VC++ is the best compiler (B. C++Builder does include MFC, but last time I tried, it lacked all the cool features and prober help-support).

If you want VCL (Visual componet Library) buy B. C++Builder, because VCL doesn´t follow VC++

By the way OWL was a nice Library, which after my opinion is much more cleaner than MFC. Just a shame it´s DEAD.

Guest Anonymous Poster
OWL (5.5) is still available. It''s on a companion disk that comes with C++ Builder 5.

http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/companiontools/exclusive/index.html

You do have to get a Pro or Enterprise version of Builder 5, so it''s not exactly free.
Alternatively, try to fine Borland C++ 5.02, that was the latest version with OWL as the primary framework. It can probably be found quite cheap now (it''s rather old).
I hope this helps

Wim Libaers
libaers.wim@skynet.be

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!