• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vertex Fog Problem

This topic is 5561 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m just trying to put Range based Vertex Fog into my little application - and everything works fine for the local meshes however, I''m having difficulties with the Fog and my surrounding Skybox -now at first, the problem was because i was rendering a 10x10x10 box without the Z buffer and so no fog appeared because it wasn''t within the depth range of the fogging -so i increased to the size of the box, to like 3000 cubed, so now fog does appear along the surface of the squares, giving it a whited out look that seems appropriate ( i guess ) however - this fogginess seems dependent on the viewpoint so even, at the same position, just rotating the camera to a different angle produces a different level of fog on the far background plane (the skybox) i''m guessing this is because the squares are so large, in certain viewpoints, more or less of the vertices in the square are visible, and this influences the amount of fog interpolated across the surface of the triangles but anyways, this seemed like a fairly normal scenario - fog with a skybox - so i''m hoping other people have done something like this....any suggestions?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
It''s all in the SDK doc...

->Fog->Pixel Fog / Vertex Fog

/-

• Advertisement