3d Textures

Started by
2 comments, last by Xero-X2 21 years, 4 months ago
I thought it would be neat to try to use 3d textures so I wrote an app that displayed one on a cube, I had prevoiusly read that you can create really neat effects by using them such as drawing Volumetric light and stuff, But when I deded up useing them I can''t produce any effect like that I learned how to do Perpixel attuation with one. also I learned how to draw animated sprites and such with them, But I am yet to know how to draw the real whole volume.. Do you need to draw a ton of quads(primitives), that cut it in all like the in all the diffrent ways to display the volume, or is there another way?
"I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it"
Advertisement
slicing is the only way... ati has some docu on how to slice best

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

bump mapping?
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
No not bump mapping bump mapping is totally diffrent emboss and dot3 are the most common bumpmapping techniques, 3d textures are textures that you can specify 3 coords for not just 2.

Thanks for the input davepermen. I''ll look into it.
"I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement