• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaucer

2-3-4 Tree

This topic is 5652 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been working on coding a 2-3-4 tree and was wondering if anyone here could point me to some resources on it. I''m having a bit of trouble in the code so maybe a resource with sample code would help. Thanks.

Advertisement

You may know this already, but the easiest way to code a 2-3-4 tree is to program what is known as a Red Black Tree (which is essentially a binary tree with an extra bit of data that gives it 2-3-4 properties).

Yeah. I've done rb trees in the past. I think it would be better for me to learn the 2-3-4 tree correctly.

[edited by - Chaucer on December 4, 2002 12:45:25 AM]

Why code it though?

I was under the impression that both algorithms do the same thing. If 2-3-4 trees are cumbersome to program in comparison to rb, wouldn't creating one would be more likely to produce erreonous code and be inefficient?

I'm not trying to flame or anything, just curious.

[edited by - Psylent on December 5, 2002 4:28:50 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!