I was thinking, animation

Started by
3 comments, last by Funkodysse 21 years, 4 months ago
if i want to animate an arm. can i do that without using vertexshader?. and instead using matrix?. like this: create a vertice-struct including the following . upper arm . lower arm . hand copy this struct into the same vertexbuffer -------------------------------- RenderLoop: 1. declare transformmatrix for upper arm 2. draw only upper arm vertice with drawprimitive. 3. declare transformmatrix for lower arm 4. add or multiply the upper arm transformmatrix with lower arm transformmatrix. 5. draw only lower arm vertice with drawprimitive 6. declare transformmatrix for hand 7. add or multiply the lower arm transformmatrix with hand transformmatrix. 8. draw only hand vertice with drawprimitive. not sure if i was going to add or multiply the matrices, maybe u could tell me. but, however is this a correct way to do animations?. could it be done like this? [edited by - funkodysse on December 5, 2002 12:09:48 PM] [edited by - funkodysse on December 5, 2002 12:11:59 PM]
Advertisement
Yeah, it can be done like that - that's very close to how my animation system works. You would multiply the matrices.

Current Projects:
- Ariene GE (79%): Adding multi-layer support...

[edited by - Tri on December 5, 2002 12:43:48 PM]

Good.
i knew it!.
hi,

you could also try using ID3DXMatrixStack since i think this is the kind of operations it handles,

http://www.dualforcesolutions.comProfessional website designs and development, customized business systems, etc.,
Look up IDirect3DDevice8::MultiplyTransform in the DirectX SDK Help. It gives an example almost exactly what you described.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement