Is there any WYSIWYG like editors for C++?

Started by
19 comments, last by smiley4 21 years, 4 months ago
I''ve used Dreamweaver in the past to create some web-site samples. I think it would be easier for artists if they could do what programmers can do now with less training. Of course that may put many prorammers out of a job, but it would make production much faster for games. I chalenge anyone to write such a program that is like a WYSIWYG editor.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
Advertisement
Shut up.
I can''t help but wonder - why on earth would such an editor be "C++"?

(My projects and ramblings...)
1) Do you mean like a resource editor?
2) Delete your other 2 posts.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
The only problem with that Idea is that, HTML is a very very easy programming langauge if you can if you can even call it one.. and alot of times they can''t even do that well.. so making some thing that could make any kind of complex game structure would be next to impossible.. probably could be done to a point, (ie. always the same logic rules) but not very realistic
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
HTML is a very very easy programming langauge if you can if you can even call it one..

You can''t.

For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can''t readily accept the God formula, the big answers don''t remain stone- written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us -- Charles Bukowski
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
What on earth are you talking about? Of course you can have WYSIWYG editors for games (various examples exist), but how do you plan on transferring that concept to a "C++ editor"?
do a search for game creation without programming might throw up some engines out there geared towards non-programmers. but as for one for C++ I don''t think you will find one but the others can get some good games working with ease.

to the AP that stated shut up very constructive I suggest you go back under the rock you came from it''s ok for people who don''t know to ask otherwise what would be the point of this forum..
and another thing AP this is a beginner forum this is the place to ask these sort of questions.
I''m sorry guys. I hit the post button too many times and it resulted with 3 of the same posts. I''m working on the problem. As for a WYSIWYG, I''m just a graphics illustrator who wants to make 3d mods for games that have realistic movement. I''ve been told that earlier computer games were made using Director. But even Director dosen''t provide all the options as programming can.
I''m sure that if I used different game engines, level editors, and character creation software that I can fake it like in some animation (cheap tricks of the trade). I need to know a reasonable polygon count to give each character so that the data will be relitively low to proccess and render. If I put a character on screen with as many features as I''m hoping to give it, I need to know how simple in design it needs to be. Right now, I have a cartoon concept for the characters, but if I can, I''ll bump up the polygon count.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement