• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tstrimp

SDL

This topic is 5736 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok, I've decided to try SDL over GLUT, I've downloaded it but I'm having trouble accessing it with VC++. Could any one help me get this installed? The installation documentation was terrible. [edited by - tstrimp on December 5, 2002 4:57:06 PM]

Advertisement
I am using Dev-C++ as an IDE, and SDL. And the instalation is VERY easy, I foudn the instalation page very helpful. I assume the same is for VCC too... Just give it another try
Or, be more specific with your problem.

Height Map Editor

Ok first of it says to unzip the visualC.zip file into the folder that has VisualC.html in it.

There was no visualC.zip file and the VisualC.html file is in the folder I downloaded.

Then it says to open SDL.dsw, which also is nowhere to be found, and goes on to tell you to build the files. Any idea what this thing is talking about?

Go to www.libsdl.org download the runtime and development libraries. Then unzip them they should have a .html document on how to setup VC++. Its not hard to do. I use SDL and its easy.

Signatures are lame!! =)

Thanks Neon I looked at thing link and ran into another problem... I'm using VC++.NET and as far as I can tell there isn't a Project->Settings menu! Maybe they moved it, I don't know.

MARS_999 The problems I mentioned before were while trying to use the HTML file you pointed out.

Edit: Ok I've found where they hid the Project->Settings menu but it only comes up if you have a class in your app. Whatever. I'll be ok now, Thanks for the help!

[edited by - tstrimp on December 5, 2002 11:19:06 PM]

New problem! Figures eh? I think I''m almost done; however, when I include I get an error: fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined... I thought that ment that you hadn''t called main but I have, and if I comment out the #include <stl/stl.h> I build with no errors. Any ideas? anyone?

quote:
Original post by Aldacron
I assume you mean and not ? Did you link to SDLmain.lib as per the instructions?

Yep thats what I ment, although I had no idea what you were talking about before I quoted it, the things inside the <> didn''t show up. And yes I did include SDLmain.lib although I couldn''t find the exact place to put it because some of the menu names are diffrent in .NET. I THINK I got it in the right place because I no longer get the invalid token error.

I did a google search on that error and it somtimes has to do with the DLL not having an entry point defined, but like before the VS.NET environment has changed some of the menus since 6.0

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!