• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SimDemon

Vertices "STICKING" to sides of window...Please HELP!

This topic is 5732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can''t figure this thing out. I am making an engine in OpenGL, and the polygons "stick" to the sides of the screen. When I draw a triangle and I glTranslatef() the scene, if a vertex on the triangle are offscreen, they will be moved to the side of the window that they are on. Can someone please help me? Thanks, Matt Utley If thispost = 0 Then GoBack() Else Read() End If

Advertisement
Sounds like you''ve run foul of the terrible problem of clipping.

Seriously though, what exactly do you mean? A triangle which extends outside the viewport will be clipped to that part which is visible.

Yes, that''s exactly what I mean. But if the vertices are already within the visible area, they won''t be clipped to the sides.

If thispost = 0 Then
GoBack()

Else
Read()
End If

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!