• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

std::string manipulation

This topic is 5559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How would i scan a std::string for a certain character, and then copy from that character and on into a new string? Im asking because i''ve implemented RLE into my map saving routine, which stores repeats by tile.id, something like 5:42, and im trying to load it properly, and i need to check the strings to see if they contain : and then get the number out of it. Any help would be apprecitated

Advertisement
This looks like it would work:
size_type find(charT c, size_type pos = 0) const

So, this should work:

string temp;
int position=temp.find('':'',0);

Now position should contain the position of the first '':''. If you need the second just use the position as the second argument (where to start)

quote:
Original post by TravisWells
If you need the second just use the position as the second argument (where to start)

position + 1, and only if it was not equal to std::string::npos - which means the character wasn''t found.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

• Advertisement