• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hazem_vb

Try My Game

This topic is 5714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello My Friends in The Game Programming I hope all of you good and well health . I really had made a penalty shoot 3D Game Name "ArabFifa" and hope to know your opinions as game programmers . you can find it on http://Hazem_vb.tripod.com in the Games Session Thanks Hazem_vb An OpenGL Game Programmer

Advertisement
Tell you what, I''ll start downloading the first file now, and if I''m lucky I''ll have the first two ready about christmas... I''ll give you a ring in january when I have the whole game, okay?

No seriously, why the 500K-segmentationing? I''d love to test your game, but you kinda lose interest when you see five files =(

Hi, Hazem.

I downloaded your zip files and tried running the batch file to construct the .exe. The echo text said "file not found" several times.

BTW, your instructions don''t mention that the .BAT file is buried within the arab4/ subdirectory, so I had to hunt for it. I also tried running the .BAT file from the parent directory, but no luck...

I agree with the previous poster that you should make it much easier to download and execute your game. Perhaps you should have a single ZIP file which contains the .EXE and all support files properly arranged in directories.

--Hoozit.

----------------------
Check out my game demo and resume at
www.fivestory.com/projects/game.

Unzip all files. Move the files within those five ZIPs to a new directory and execute the batch file. You should get a ZIP file that I''m sure you all know what to do with it.

Anyway, I got incompatible display mode message and it wouldn''t run.

AMD XP 1700+
256MB RAM
GF3
WinXP

quote:
Original post by HoozitWhatzit
Hi, Hazem.

I downloaded your zip files and tried running the batch file to construct the .exe. The echo text said "file not found" several times.

BTW, your instructions don''t mention that the .BAT file is buried within the arab4/ subdirectory, so I had to hunt for it. I also tried running the .BAT file from the parent directory, but no luck...

I agree with the previous poster that you should make it much easier to download and execute your game. Perhaps you should have a single ZIP file which contains the .EXE and all support files properly arranged in directories.

--Hoozit.

Hi Hoozit

Thanks for trying Downloading My Game .

You seem not to read the instructions in the site well .

To Run The Game :

Copy all the Files In Folders In One Folder with The Batch File and Run

.Bat It Will Generate It Immediately

Thanks

Hazem_vb
An OpenGL Game Programmer

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I followed your instructions and the game loaded and ran fine for me. (P4 2.4GHz, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 2 MX400)

You asked for opinions on the game, so here''s my take on it:

Pros:
-----
- Nice Intro / music
- Good crowd sound fx
- I like how the goal net "bounces" when the ball hits it
- I like the football/soccer field

Cons:
-----
- Needs smoother animation (There are no inbetween frames between the time I kick the ball and the time that it''s in the goal!)
- Needs a "Game Over" screen with a "Play Again?" option
- The players are dressed in office clothing, not football/soccer uniforms.

I think the main things to focus on would be the animation and the player uniforms.

--Hoozit.

----------------------
Check out my game demo and resume at
www.fivestory.com/projects/game.

Hello all
I had update my game and wants you to see it and comments on it please
thanks

Hazem_vb

here''s mine

PROs
============
- good intro . . . I''m always impressed by 3d text Don''t know why . . .
- nice models
- I like the crowd - nice effect. Something you could do is put the polygon on a slant away so you get a nice perspective effect
- Well done on something as small as the ball Nice effect!

CONs
============
- I looked around the folders and I noticed that the models were seperate for jumping and kicking etc. You might want to go to www.gametutorials.com and learn how to animate them - it''d look alot better I think and it''s not that much harder and is good to learn. Oh I take that back - the 3ds format one is on the cd :/ Ah well I''m sure you could easily find one online elsewhere.
- Runs a little slow, I''m not sure why - I have a GF2 and 1ghz Athalon
- You really need to add a game over and restart option. It''s sorely missed.
- I would, also, advise you to swap servers so you can put it in one zip

Nice game in my opinion.

opinion
1)good introduction .
2)good models.
3)great camera control .
4)good ball control .
5)fantastic 3d text .
6)good 3d sound .
7)good net actions.
8)good crowd .
but there is one con :
play again question ? and
that game will be great

Hello all

Thanks very much for your nice opinions and I promise you in the future

to produce more

Thanks

Hazem_vb

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!