Visual effects

Started by
3 comments, last by Raymondo 21 years, 4 months ago
Some of you may remember an earlier string of posts I made about making logos and working with 3DSMAX to create splash-screen videos... As it turns out, the video I created turned out pretty good, but they don''t have "effect" I want it to have (and the video file it too damn big), so I''m thinking of doing the splash screen in 2D rather than 3D. So I have 2 questions to start. 1) What program can I use to create 2D videos/animations by inserting image files (JPG,GIF,BMP) into the flick frame by frame to make a full animation? If I remember correctly, there was a adobe product that did this quite well.. 2) I''m interested in created some funky effects for the video, mainly to the text, considering that pretty much all thats in the video... How does one go about creating effects like this on text? (The blue/red glow to the text and the upward streaking lines) ps: Thanks to Greg (where ever you are) for the cool idea
Advertisement
You can get Flash MX. The trial version will work for 30 days before you have to register. That should be long enough to get your movie done and it can do all the stuff you want.
Well I should have said it can do MOST of the stuff you want. I''m not sure about that text streak thing.
you can do effects in adobe premiere and after effects...but that may be overkill for adding some glare to text...not quite sure of the scope of your project.

Brian
Brian J
Right, let me explain a little better.

I want the text to have some sort of nice glow effect throughout the whole 8-15 second clip.

My idea for the shimmer would be animated. I''ll start the shimmer (Or other cool effects) off really, really light and then it will get more intense as the clip progress''. When it gets closer to the end, the text will flicker and shimmer really intensely on and off (Like a flickering light bulb in a storm) dim out completely and then flicker back on and fade out to the end of the video.

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of my intent.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement