• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlackJester

Accessing controls in a dialog

This topic is 5647 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I'm aware of how to manipulate controls when they are implemented as child windows, but when the are predefined in a dialog template, how do I go about accessing them? Normally, I'd just send a message to the handle, but they don't have handles as far as I know. Thanks

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan
Name: TheBlackJester Team: Wildfire Studios
Projects O A.D. The Last Alliance [edited by - TheBlackJester on December 5, 2002 12:02:35 AM]

Advertisement
HWND GetDlgItem(
HWND hDlg,
int nIDDlgItem
);

hDlg is the handle to the dialog with the control, nIDDlgItem is the identifier you give to the control in the template. Return value is a handle to the control for your messaging needs.

The MSDN is full of nifty dialog functions also (they make it a lot easier to work with them), so I''d check that out also.

Beautiful. Thanks guys

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan
Name: TheBlackJester
Team: Wildfire Studios

Projects
O A.D.
The Last Alliance

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!