• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bumba

inventory plugin

This topic is 6924 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

has anyone written a plugin for an inventory system like the one in diablo that i can download!?!!?!!!! if you have please send me your email address!?!!?!!!? i am willing to share code in return!!!?!?!! i am using directx!!!?!?!!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
You should post more often about this?!!!?!!?!!

It really cracks me up!!?!!?!!?!!

please someone help!!!!!
i haven''t even been able to start my game because i dont have an inventory routine to use!?!!!
has someone written an inventory plugin or tell me where to download one!!!!! i know it isnt in directx but i need to know where people like blizzard and origin downloaded there inventorties!!!!!! or at least the tutoreals blizzard and origin uses!!!!!

Why don''t you write one yourself.

What makes you think Blizzard/Origin downloaded their inventory plugins?

Maybe if you slowed down and corrected your language, people would be able to help you better.

-Mezz

You know, half the people on this forum shouldn''t complain about this kind of post. I''ve been here since 1999, and more than half the time I see someone ask a question like "how do I fade the palette?" And them someone else runs up and says "oh, use such and such a microsoft routine to do it!"

Now, I know these microsoft routines are often faster-- not because the programming is good, because it''s not-- but because they use hardware to accomplish things. It would assist all of you out there if you had some inkling on how to-- without MS help-- fade palettes, calculate 3d coordinates, make inventory systems, de-parse a bitmap file, cast lighting, send a tcp-ip message, or write to video memory.

I know I''m not speaking to everyone, but lately the forum seems to have changed over a bit, and we have a lot of easy-answer people.

--Goodlife,
Proud to have written his own terrain engine, lighting engine, inventory ''engine'', and 3d-object file format, and still able to achieve 20-25 FPS.

*grins* Oh you mean AfxRunInventoryForDiabloClone() !

Isn''t that part of the Win32 API?

Try coming up with the ideas for an inventory system yourself Bumba; you''ll learn a lot of good things in the process

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**

Guest Anonymous Poster
Download the DOOM source code and take the "inventory plugin" from that. FYI I pretty darn sure that Blizzard,Origin and every other pro game company out there write their own inventory systems. Try it yourself it''s fun.

I agree that it''s best to know as much as you can on a wide variety of subjects, but I think there''s a difference between letting an API do something where it is obviously hardware-based (pixel-pushing especially ), and trying to get some library or API to do your game logic for you

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!