• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lyve

C++/D3D: DrawIndexedPrimitiveUP()

This topic is 5800 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello list, We keep having problems using DrawIndexedPrimitiveUP(). If we use a 16 bit index buffer everything is working fine but if we use 32 bit, our computer (AMD XP1800/GF2MX) renders only the first triangle of a triangle fan (or strip, both are wrong). We're using DirectX SDK 8.1 Any tips? Lyve [edited by - Lyve on December 6, 2002 6:27:25 AM]

Advertisement
YOur driver DOES support 32 bit indices? Checked?

BTW - you do know that the UP functions are BAD :-)

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

We are currently translating our opengl app into direct3d, and with opengl, we didn't have problems with 32 bit indices. Converting everything into 16 bit indices would kill us because we use 32 bit everywhere. Yes we know ...UP() is bad but the easiest way for us to convert from opengl into d3d. We have limited time to do the job and our cpu math costs much more performance than the rendering we need (we simulate turning, milling, bending for the industry).

(later) Forgot to say: We use the latest detonator 40.xx from NVidia, I doubt that the driver doesn't support 32 bit indices.

Lyve

[edited by - Lyve on December 6, 2002 8:28:49 AM]

Ok I''ve checked it again, you were right, openGL seems to convert the indices to 16 bit before rendering and DirectX doesn''t and this is why it didn''t work. Thanks for the hint!

Lyve

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!