• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anomaly_E

ifstream seekg() problem.

This topic is 5650 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have encountered a problem when I try to use seekg but I havn''t been able to resolve it. I read commands from a file like this: my_ifstream >> command; ''command'' is a string object. Everything works fine until I come to the end of the file and I want to start reading from the beginning again. I then call seekg(ios::begin) and the position is reset to the beginning of the file. But, when I try ''my_ifstream >> command'' after the call to seekg nothing is inserted in the command string and the fail bit of the ifstream becomes set... It seems like the file stream has not been reseted (but a call to tellg() afterwards indicates that the possition is set to zero). Does anyone see what I am doing wrong? Should any other function be used to reset the file stream? Regards Anomaly E

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!