Russia: What do you know about it?

Started by
45 comments, last by Chentzilla 19 years, 11 months ago
motha Russia will one day regain its former glory...and then u American pigs will pay!!! ...MHAHaahahahaha

anyways, before the communist revolution, russia was the biggest, most powerful, and amongst the most technologically advanced countries in the world... common guys, the kinder garden kids down there are doing university level math. If it wasn''t for a misfortunet turn of events in russia''s history, the world might have bean a much better place... be it "better" on another continent
Maaaaaaaahahaha. Who''s da king baby?
Advertisement
NOTE: Most of the following answers are spanish "clichés" of Russia, and probably has be created by films:

-> What do you know about Russia if to recollect within 10 seconds?
Vodka, Tetris, Science, Cold (and corresponding clothes), Beautiful blonde, intelligent (and sometimes evil) womans.
-> What Russian scientific achievements do you know?
Very important scientifics formed in Russia, but out of founds
-> What do you know about Russian military affairs?
They won against Germany at the 2nd World War. They have nuclear bombs; but it''s seem less important than american, indian and mid-east countries than also have them.
Russians are the "bad guys" and almost all films.
-> What do you know about Russian geography?
Huge country, tundra. Mainly small/medium size towns.
-> What is most interesting in Russian history for you?
Old history: Rasputin. Recent History: Landing of a plane in the "Plaza Roja" (Red Place? not sure)
-> What do you know about Russian culture?
Kremlin, Tchaikovsy, CCCP (not sure what CCCP stands for, but in spain "CCCP" is asociated with male coral music), T.A.T.U.
Rrrussians speak prrronouncing a lot the "r"s and wrrrite that "r"s mirrrorrred.
"Filetes rusos" (Russian fillets? I''m not sure this meal would be really from Russia)
-> What do you know about Russian literature?
Tolstoi.
-> Russian sport
Navratilova in Tennis.
-> Russian TV, movies, cartoons
Just really old ones: Potemkin (Bernstein) and thinks like that. I don''t know recent Russian productions.

theNestruo

Syntax error in 2410
Ok
theNestruoSyntax error in 2410Ok
CCCP is Russian for USSR

Russian C sounds same as English S
Russian P sounds same as English R
Russia brainstorm:

Soviet Union
Ivan the Terrible
Siberia
Battle of Stalingrad
T-34
Mig-15
St.Petersburg
Moscow
WW2
Tzars and Empires
Communism
Cold War
KGB
Stalin
Tolstoy
Lev Yashin
Cosmanauts
Uri Gegarin
Lenin
Perestroika
Vladivostok
Hunt for Red October
War and Peace
Revolution
Spartak Moscow
Trans-Siberia Railroad
Dr Zhivago
Poverty
Anna Kournikova
Marit Safin
Novgorod
Hanseatic League
Nuclear Holocaust
Igor Titov

Hope it helps,
Alex
Yet another revival of a post 8 months old...
...mail order brides...
I learned everything there is to know about Russia from Yakov Smirnoff (http://www.yakov.com/default.html).

Is there more I need to learn?

Check out Super Play, the SNES inspired Game Engine: http://www.superplay.info

quote:Original post by mentalstatement
anyways, before the communist revolution, russia was the biggest, most powerful, and amongst the most technologically advanced countries in the world... common guys, the kinder garden kids down there are doing university level math. If it wasn''t for a misfortunet turn of events in russia''s history, the world might have bean a much better place... be it "better" on another continent

Technologically advanced? Not quite.. that is the reason the revolution took place. Not only were the living conditions bad, Russia took it''s good ol'' time in getting into the industrial revolution and were set back many years in terms of technology

As for what i think about russia?
They seem like cool people.. and they make excellent characters in spy movies. I don''t care for their literature though.. as from what I''ve seen, it''s a large number of characters all doing their thing with no real unifying plot and direction.. I would not argue with the statement that Dr. Zhivago is a great story.. but it''s not quite my thing.

They''ve done a lot of great things.. some beautiful architecture.. advanced weaponry.. space technology.. expansion of communism through much of europe and a whole lot of Asia.. their language is nice too.. except that it doesn''t use our alphabet, so it''s not really the easiest thing to learn

· What do you know about Russia if to recollect within 10 seconds?
-big azz country with big azz pine trees and big hardy wildernessmen with big beards and dogs and the the big azz kremlin in moscow and Peter the great and those are the first things that come to mind

· What Russian scientific achievements do you know? (famous scientists, inventions, space exploration, chemistry, physics and so-so forth)
-Sputnik, Yuri gegangen, that big azz space shuttle that no one has quite enough money to build yet

· What do you know about Russian military affairs? (weapons, famous military operations, famous military squads)
-apparently the best assault rifle in the world, but again, not enough money to buy it
-NKVD/KGB
-Stalingrad,leningrad,moscow,berlin, Zhukov, Chuikov a lot of other stuff about ww2
-big azz army with tons of guys

· What do you know about Russian geography? (cities, animals, nature)
-big azz mountains trees taundra, big cities in the east, little villages and general wilderness in the west

· What is most interesting in Russian history for you? (events, wars, personalities)
-Definately the second world war period, also the Mongol invasion and the russian revolution

· What do you know about Russian culture? (monuments, museums, art, fashion, music, mythology, habits, religion)
-not much, i admit...
· What do you know about Russian literature? (Russian books, which impressed you most of all; characters, poetry)
-War and Peace which i hopefully want to read at some point in my life

· Russian sport (events, personalities etc)
· Russian TV, movies, cartoons (most impressive movies, actors, anchors)

in general, when i think russia, i think BIG

[edited by - MrPoopypants on July 26, 2003 11:47:03 PM]
(0110101101000110)The Murphy Philosophy: Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse.
I could mention many things, but I come from Russia, so I don''t think that would count

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement