Direct Sound - Saving spatial wavs

Started by
0 comments, last by Robhog 21 years, 4 months ago
Hi. I''ve developed (i.e. hacked around different demos) some software to position sound in 3D space using DirectSound (DX8). What I''d like to do now is to re-save stereo .wav files that feature the spatial convolution. I have no idea how to do this - particularly because the spatial sound part of DirectSound uses up the buffers that would normally be used to prepare a .wav for saving (<---I may have that totally wrong). Hints, tips, ideas gratefully received; theres load on Direct3D out there, but very little available info on DX''s sound processing features. Best, Robhog
Advertisement
You could always just use a 3rd party software to record what''s being played on your speakers. This would only work if you intend to do this file saving for the game development and not in order to release a tool for saving the sounds.

A good example is to use "Windows Sound Recorder" and set the recording device to "What you hear". This is, of course, very limited including a very short 1 minute time limit.

It would also be quite time consuming, but it''s easy to set up, so if you only need to do like 5 short sounds or something this might be simplest.

Anywho, good luck .
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement