• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vijaykiran

stumbled in a pool of points

This topic is 5766 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, Have you guys encountered the following situation and solved it? I am really desperate to know how to come out of the problem i am stuck in. I need help from you guys... I have so many points in a 3D space, and I need to grab a particular point from those points in a XYZ space and drag it to a specified place using the mouse. I feel this is a common problem an opengl programmer encounters, but I wonder how is this mystery solved. Does any one have a solution to my problem? A block of code would be soooooo helpful to me if anyone has it, and i appreciate any kind of help. Thanks, Vijay.

Advertisement
Problem 1: Selecting a point - this can be solved by useing Picking a tutorial on this can be found at NeHe

Problem 2: Getting input to move te object - use DX or some other meathod to get your input if you don''t know how to do this you can find it at NeHe also.

Problem 3:moving the point - do this by useing your in put such as your X mouse axis for the X axis the Y axis for the Y axis and then you can either use the Wheel (Z axis) or perhapes make it so when you hold down two buttons it changes the Z axis. this is very dependent on you.

sorry I don''t have any code showing you exactly how to put it all together but his is the way I did it when I needed it done so it will work if you do it right.

Good Luck, Xero-X2.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!