• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stumbled in a pool of points

This topic is 5556 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, Have you guys encountered the following situation and solved it? I am really desperate to know how to come out of the problem i am stuck in. I need help from you guys... I have so many points in a 3D space, and I need to grab a particular point from those points in a XYZ space and drag it to a specified place using the mouse. I feel this is a common problem an opengl programmer encounters, but I wonder how is this mystery solved. Does any one have a solution to my problem? A block of code would be soooooo helpful to me if anyone has it, and i appreciate any kind of help. Thanks, Vijay.

Advertisement
Problem 1: Selecting a point - this can be solved by useing Picking a tutorial on this can be found at NeHe

Problem 2: Getting input to move te object - use DX or some other meathod to get your input if you don''t know how to do this you can find it at NeHe also.

Problem 3:moving the point - do this by useing your in put such as your X mouse axis for the X axis the Y axis for the Y axis and then you can either use the Wheel (Z axis) or perhapes make it so when you hold down two buttons it changes the Z axis. this is very dependent on you.

sorry I don''t have any code showing you exactly how to put it all together but his is the way I did it when I needed it done so it will work if you do it right.

Good Luck, Xero-X2.

• Advertisement