• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mursel

Directx app errors

This topic is 5798 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I made a directx app and its made using vc6++. I downloaded dx8.1 sdk. I compiled my app succesfully and its working fine. Problem is that my app want work on another machine where is installed directx8.0 and 8.1! These machine are Win2K(SP 3) and WinME, including Win98. Here are the errors: Win2K (my app) generated a error. Windows restarting your application. Log file generated. Win98 and ME Illegal operation error (you know what I am talking about) here is my configuration: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 12/6/2002, 18:10:51 Machine name: SPECIE Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 3 Language: English (Regional Setting: Croatian) System Manufacturer: Compaq System Model: Deskpro EP/SB Series BIOS: 08/18/99 Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~550MHz Memory: 64MB RAM Page File: 95MB used, 146MB available Primary File System: FAT DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0901) DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.01.2600.0881 32bit Unicode Please help!

Advertisement
WinME error:

app_name has caused an error in app_name.EXE.
app_name will now close.

If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.

Hi DrunkenHyena,

first of all tnx for reply! Well, i didnt make a update of mainboard nor video...if you are talking about these others platforms? Anyway... do you, as expirienced dx programmer, suggest me to install another OS on my computer?

tnx again,

Mursel

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!