• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Fuzz

Problem with D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx

This topic is 5648 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here''s my code: D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx(dev, "highlight.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255,0,255), NULL, NULL, &highlight); The problem I''m having is that on larger textures (I''m using 64x64), this doubles the width of the left- and top-most pixels while completely dropping the right- and bottom-most pixels. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? I''m pretty sure it has nothing to do with my rendering. On a completely different note: For some reason, the color quality of my games is much higher in windowed-mode than in fullscreen mode, regardless of the color depth of either mode. I am using a laptop LCD screen, so it might have something to do with this. Thanks! - Fuzz

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!