Human Models

Started by
4 comments, last by jonbell 21 years, 4 months ago
Quick question thats been in my head for ages. How have ''they'' produced and modellled a human geometric form? Surely it has to be some kind of 3D scanner because i cannot see that an artist could produce it from scratch? Anyone know for sure?
Advertisement
you are talking about high detail renderings or you are talking about game characters like in Unreal Tournament & the like. if the latter, i can assure you it''s modellers making them straight up in 3DStudio Max or Maya or Milkshap3D or whatever. my friend does modelling for a game company and watching him render human forms makes my head hurt b/c of the speed w/ which he can accomplish it.

-me
Thing of the money those mod places for games like half-life would need if they needed to buy a 3d scanning system of some kind.. OUCH!!!
And how many triangles such a model would use

Height Map Editor
quote:Surely it has to be some kind of 3D scanner because i cannot see that an artist could produce it from scratch

Ouch, that''s quite an insult to artists. You don''t dick your way into becomming a professional 3D modeler, you have to be good. Of course they can create good models! A lot the time, a single artist creates a nice humanoid template from which all the other artists base their additions on. But trust me, it''s possible
Two words: steven stahlberg.

Sorry dude, but thats like saying that rembrandt must have used a camera!

I think affordable 3d scanner technology is still quite low quality at the moment, producing messy tri''s and stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement