• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A problem with texture stages

This topic is 5552 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i got a problem with a program im making. I have made a fucntion that let you see one speific scene, so you don't need to look trough the whole thing before im getting to the updates. The problem is, that I made a scene, with som lights, texures and 3D models. This looks nice if I start my demo from that scene, but when I look trogh the whole thing, the scene looks awfull, becouse of the colors. Everything is much lighter/brighter than it's supposed to be =( I think it's becouse of the renderstates, that I change on an earlier scene,prob. when im using env. mapping, that dosn't change back to it's "original" states when im changing the scene(with a timer). But I canno't find witch one =(( Anyone know anything about this? Is it the renderstates that is my problem? Is there a way to change your renderstate back to the default state? -Thanks, any help wil be taken with both hands. (Sorry for my bad english) btw: If anyone want some screenshots of my problem, I can upload them to my webpage. [edited by - DigitalErr0r on December 6, 2002 10:41:33 PM]

Advertisement
Her are the screenshots:
Right:http://www.digitalangels.org/digitalerror/folder/right.jpg

Wrong:http://www.digitalangels.org/digitalerror/folder/wrong.jpg

[edited by - digitalerr0r on December 7, 2002 4:59:29 AM]

If you''re using 2 texturestages in the first scene and only one in the next, you have to turn off the second stage by setting SetTextureStageState(1, D3DTSS_COLOROP, D3DTOP_DISABLE) and SetTextureStageState(1, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_DISABLE).

• Advertisement