• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digitalerr0r

A problem with texture stages

This topic is 5797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i got a problem with a program im making. I have made a fucntion that let you see one speific scene, so you don't need to look trough the whole thing before im getting to the updates. The problem is, that I made a scene, with som lights, texures and 3D models. This looks nice if I start my demo from that scene, but when I look trogh the whole thing, the scene looks awfull, becouse of the colors. Everything is much lighter/brighter than it's supposed to be =( I think it's becouse of the renderstates, that I change on an earlier scene,prob. when im using env. mapping, that dosn't change back to it's "original" states when im changing the scene(with a timer). But I canno't find witch one =(( Anyone know anything about this? Is it the renderstates that is my problem? Is there a way to change your renderstate back to the default state? -Thanks, any help wil be taken with both hands. (Sorry for my bad english) btw: If anyone want some screenshots of my problem, I can upload them to my webpage. [edited by - DigitalErr0r on December 6, 2002 10:41:33 PM]

Advertisement
Her are the screenshots:
Right:http://www.digitalangels.org/digitalerror/folder/right.jpg

Wrong:http://www.digitalangels.org/digitalerror/folder/wrong.jpg

[edited by - digitalerr0r on December 7, 2002 4:59:29 AM]

If you''re using 2 texturestages in the first scene and only one in the next, you have to turn off the second stage by setting SetTextureStageState(1, D3DTSS_COLOROP, D3DTOP_DISABLE) and SetTextureStageState(1, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_DISABLE).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!