NeHe GL Tutorial, 2 linker errors for all downloaded code

Started by
1 comment, last by zenwarcloud 21 years, 4 months ago
Hi! I am new to Open GL (and gamedev.net) and have been trying to learn from NeHe''s OpenGL tutorial. I have downloaded the code and executables for the first dozen or so lessons and I am using Microsoft Visual C++ version 5.00.7022 (kind of old, I know). My problem is the following: When I try to build/link the compiled code, I get the same 2 linker errors for EVERY lesson/program. The error(s) is: ----------------Configuration: GLtutor2 - Win32 Debug------------ Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/GLtutor2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. GLtutor2.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) ----------------------------------------------------------------- I realize this type of error usually occurs when one attempts to use a undeclared/undefined function, but after trying for some time to figure out what function is "missing", and because the error(s) is the same for every lesson, I think maybe this is not the problem? PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN, and feel free to ask me any questions if you think it will help you help me, and vice versa. I will be checking the replies to this post regularly, as I am very excited about and eager to learn OpenGL! THANKS!! =) "A thousand mile journey starts with the first step."
"A thousand mile journey starts with the first step."
Advertisement
It''s a shame the search feature is down - this question comes up pretty much daily.

You''ve created a Win32 Console Application project instead of a Win32 Application project. For console apps, your program starts execution in main, and in Win32 apps it starts in WinMain.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
WOW, it works! Thanks so much for the speedy reply!!
"A thousand mile journey starts with the first step."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement